Sunday, July 8, 2007

Crafts, Forts and Soccer balls, oh my!


It seems silly to start each of these posts with the weather, but I have found that with children the weather dictates much of your day. Rain glorious rain! My garden must be so happy, the weeds too I presume. Colton has a summer party to go to today, those poor parents, 15 six-year olds all inside, yikes! A little one on one time with Lennon will be a relief as she doesn't like to share me much anyway. It looks like a day filled with games of Candyland and crafts. At this moment the dinning room table is covered in the little tiny pieces of construction paper...all "Birthday Presents" for poor Uncle Alex. Lennon has found scissors quite fun, and the smaller the paper the better.

Yesterday, Josh and I got a good start on a fort for the kids. I say the kids and I mean all three of them. Josh is insisting on having it be tall enough for him to stand in...I wonder how much time the kids will get in there. Lucky for us our house came with piles of left over wood from the remodeling stages, so our only investment is time and nails.

Soccer started last monday. I have 17 kids on my team!! That is a lot of little soccer balls rolling all over. I think the hardest part is going to be finding time for everyone to be goalie. By the end of practice I had everyone's names down, but will I remember on Monday?

1 comment:

Kate said...

I wish you were my soccer coach!

Love,
KJK