Saturday, January 5, 2008

Survival of the fittest...aka youngest!


Newsflash...

The Clement Family of Saranac Lake, has survived the holiday season. The odds were against them, having a schedule to rival those of the Presidential candidates. But lo and behold with some holiday spirit and a little Santa magic, they have entered into the New Year.

2008 has started out quite nicely. Colton is back in school...he was a little restless. Josh is enjoying a much needed break from school and working on his music. Lennon is, well, Lennon is Lennon, and amusing us every day. I have survived inventory at work for another year and am looking forward to what 2008 has in store for us.

This morning we took our first family excursion on our new snowshoes. What a great time. Little Green Pond is an old haunt of mine and it was fun to take the family back there. I had thought about walking the trail around the pond but after a while realized just getting to the pond was a good start. Colton put on a brave face and kept up with me while Josh broke trail ahead with Lennon in the pack (she has "monster feet" and loves them, but was not in the mood to walk very far in them today). Needless to say I think we went far enough.

After a quick lunch and some hot cocco, we bundled back up and met the Lewis Family in town for some sliding. It was a great day for sliding, not too cold, not too many people and lots of snowy faces! Watching Colton and Kyle flying downhill face first as the snow blew over them, made me wonder when I lost the inhibition and daring of childhood. One good bump of the tailbone is enough to remind me that I can't keep up. Josh and Brian tried their best to outshine the boys and might very well have succeeded but I will have to take points away for the whining tomorrow about sore muscles!

1 comment:

A. Elizabeth Ash said...

Love reading about you. Sounds fun and makes me homesick!!