Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Snowday in October!

In my very humble opinion, our school district is growing soft. Yes, the kids are home today...grumble, grumble. At first they we're both highly disappointed, then they saw the snow. At 6:45 I donned my snow pants, hat, scarf, gloves, and coat to shovel the walkway and start the car for Josh. I had been out only a few minutes when the front door opened and all of the disappointment disappeared.
Being the mean mother that I am, I made them eat breakfast and wait for the sun to come up before letting them out into their winter wonderland. It is relatively warm out this morning, mid twenties, they should be out for a while. Bailey bravely played with them for bit before deciding the couch was much warmer. I hope he's ready for winter in the Adirondacks.

2 comments:

Kate said...

HOLY COW! I remember plenty of Halloweens with snow but 10"??? That seems a bit extreme. I am SO not ready for winter weather yet. Just keep all that white stuff there in the 'daks, ok? :)

A. Elizabeth Ash said...

well i was a little jealous last night trick or trating in the 50 degree weather and knowing that good ole, SL had a beautiful blanket of snow.