Wednesday, March 4, 2015

March Photo Challenge [Day Four]

I've decided to add a little description to the pictures I post.  Especially on days like today when I want to show an interesting effect with two images.  The objects in these pictures were not moved between shots, showing the effect focal length has on compression.  

Here I had the camera a few feet away from the table and used a focal length of 55, focusing on the yellow pitcher and with a shallow depth of field blurring out the foreground.  Notice how the three objects look close together.


Now I moved in close to the table shortening my focal length to 24, still focusing on the pitcher and keeping the shallow depth of field.  This time the space between the objects is longer giving a different feel to the image.


No comments: