Friday, March 14, 2008

Ice Storm Road Trip

I sit here, watching the icicles drip and the sun shine yearning for spring. The urge to dig in the dirt is overwhelming, if I could only find any. The stagnant winter dust that has settled all over the house just won't cut it, I want real dirt! Last weekend provided one more barrier between me and my dirt...ah, you have to love an ice storm!

Of course this storm has to arrive on the day we are driving our Mothers down to Schenectady to see Love, Janis. We had tickets, hotel reservations, and the strong need to get away for a night, we were going no matter what. I was at work watching the weather change. At first it looked like it was raining and then out of the corner of my eye, bouncing. Not good. I see the car pulling in to pick me up, I walk into the back to get my bag and in bounds Josh, "They are freaking out, you have to help me!" By the grace of Josh's great driving and his unending patience we made it to the Northway, where the ice turned to rain for the rest of the trip.

The show was amazing! What an experience. Words will never do this show justice. Katrina Chester did an amazing job bringing Janis's true spirit and vocal tenacity to life. It was a show I will never forget, and I couldn't have asked for better company to share it with.

No comments: