Monday, March 17, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY COLTON!!

MAKE A SILLY FACE!!!
My house was temporarily overrun with 1st graders last Sunday, talk about madness! Colton decided that he should invite a couple of girls again this year...those poor girls. They confided in me that boys are just loud, rough and too silly. I had to agree. I think next year I will have to encourage an all boy party, and leave the whole thing to Josh. Maybe Lennon and I can go shopping.

Luckily spring has not sprung (odd thing to say isn't it?) and the gang could be outside. But the minute the boys were out they were rolling, punching, throwing, taunting, sometimes sliding, and just generally scaring me and the girls. I had to rescue a hat off the roof, keep them from shoving each other over the stone wall of the porch, and attempt to keep them in sight. Of course there had to be a casualty and of course he had to get punched and be crying as his father pulled in to pick him up. It was an awkward situation, I am attempting to sooth the injured child, yell at the boy who punched him, and engage the father of the injured child (who told his boy to toughen up and actually called him a sissy!) all at once. I guess no kid's birthday party is complete unless someone leaves crying, right?

3 comments:

A. Elizabeth Ash said...

LOOKS LIKE FUN!! WHOOAAA

Kate said...

So true about crying at birthday parties. Holl...you missed out on my 11th party at which not one, but all, the girls were crying. I think my parents banned sleepovers for birthdays after that.

Holly Clement said...

I'm fairly certain that I spent most of my 10th birthday party crying in my bedroom...birthdays seem to bring out the best in everyone i guess.