Friday, November 7, 2008

My sweet Colton

Mornings around here are somewhat of a chore and I am usually exhausted by 8:30 and ready for a nap. Today was a little different because we were headed for the award breakfast at Bloomingdale Elementary. (I bet you are all jealous...I got to eat school food, ha, ha, gag!) We are so proud of him! His teacher, Mrs. Munn (aka Kara Pandolf) gave him this certificate and glowing comments. Colton has been searching for a little time without Lennon recently and we have dedicated Friday night to be his night with Mom and Dad. So far we have played a few games of Sorry and Clue Jr. and created a "Monopoly Monster." I have never had so much fun, watching him try and trade Water Works and Electric Company for Josh's Boardwalk and Park Place...he was so serious. Now, every night he stays awake in his room for a little quite time after I read. I never know what I will find when I check on him. Sometimes he is in bed, lights on, glasses on, book on his chest. Other times there in a pile of papers on his desk covered in either drawings of monsters or math (the kid loves to add long numbers). One night last week this is what I found:
Lyrics to a new song. I just love watching him grow. He puts a smile on my face everyday!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

testing

Anonymous said...

So proud of you Colton! You certainly light up our lives....keep up the great job at school!
Love you,
Mammee

adam said...

Am I reading the line "...hammerheads, so hammery" right?! That's gold right there. Love it.